TF Series LiDAR Common Problems
Under different detecting environments (varied by the reflectivity of the target detecting object and ambient light), the signal strength detected by the LiDAR is affected to various degrees. To ensure reliability and stability of the tested data, LiDAR adopts algorithm removal, i.e., when the signal is weak, LiDAR feeds back a special value(which varies among different types of LiDARs); such value is not the actual data detected by the LiDAR,but rather serves as an indication that such datais not reliable.
The range on the Specifications is measured in standard indoor environment and such value may vary according to the environment. The range of Ranging LiDAR based on infrared laser is affected by the reflectivity of the target detecting object and ambient light.
Please confirm the correctness of protocol analysis. In addition, the LiDAR products are optical devices and perform rather poorly towards target detecting object with higher reflectivity.Therefore, please avoid detecting glasses, mirrors, tiles and other objects with higher reflectivity,which might cause a relatively large variance between the output distance and the actual number.
LiDAR products with its enclosure rating stated in the Specifications is water-proof. For instance, the enclosure rating (of TF01, TF02, TF20) is IP65, meaning a complete prevention of foreign matters, such as dusts and water. It can protect the product from water ejected by nozzles from all directions.
Our LiDAR products are completely inspected before leaving factory; thus, their quality is assured. Before use, please double check your product version, carefully read the Specifications, and conduct a quick examination according to the following steps:
1. Make sure the power is correctly connected and the voltage is within the allowed range;
2. Face the LiDAR and check whether there is a dim red light at the transmitting terminal; under normal power supply, LiDAR transmits infrared light;
3. Check whether the receiving and transmitting terminals of LiDAR are correctly and properly connected with other devices;
4. Check whether the data analysis is correct and refer to the Specifications to confirm the Communication Protocol of the product; If the problem remains unsolved, please contact the after-sale personnel of Benewake.
The upper computer of our TF series supports only the Windows system, both Win7 and Win10. If the computer system is compatible, please conduct troubleshooting according to the following steps:
1. Check whether the version of LiDAR is CAN or UART. Upper computer currently supports only the UART products;
2. Check whether the TTL-USB adapter plate connecting the computer is correctly connected to the LiDAR;
3. Check whether the UART driver is correctly installed;
4. Check whether relevant configurations of the upper computer are adjusted according to the output protocol of the LiDAR product.
If the problem remains unsolved, please try other UART adjustment tools.
SLAM Frequently Asked Questions
Ubuntu14.04, ros, rviz; SLAM operating environment is based on ROS system, and Ubuntu 14.04 is a rather stable version.
LiDAR has a front direction, the same as the robot, and if installed wrongly, the scanning direction of the machine would be in disorder and the machine is likely to be out of control or even causing collisions.
Obtaining an optimal route is the key step insimultaneous localization and mapping of navigation; otherwise, the machine would walk in “S” routes, significantly diminishingits efficiency.
Quality of mapping depends on the algorithm, sensor (LiDAR) and the complexity of the environment.
Obstacle avoidance is the primary task to be solved by SLAM. Currently it mainly relies on sensors like LiDAR, camera and ultrasound, among which ultrasound is mainly used to deal with objects with high reflectivity like glasses.